I’m Peter Suciu and I have been collecting militaria since 1980. I’m the author of two books and dozens of articles on military collectibles. You can find my work on the subject in the pages of Military Trader, Military Surplus, Recoil, Armchair General and Military Heritage. I attend numerous shows and events around the world, and you can chat with me at Show of Shows (SOS), the Baltimore Antique Arms Show, the Michigan Antique Arms Show and the MAX.
I continue to write on the subject of sun/pith helmets at MilitarySunHelmets.com
While I’m always looking to add pieces of headdress to my personal collection, I now have so much stuff that I’ve decided to let some of it go. Check these pages often as I’m also always finding interesting things to offer! I have boots on the ground in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Thailand, Ethiopia, Egypt, Panama and in other exotic locations around the world. Why travel the world looking for militaria when I can do it for you?
Contact me at email@example.com
In the meantime, here are some stories I’ve written that you might enjoy:
- FoxNews: 200 years later, experts seek to unearth the Battle of Waterloo’s secrets
- FoxNews: How the modern combat helmet was born in the trenches of France
- FoxNews: Archaeology’s victims of war
- Fortune Magazine: Why cyber warfare is so attractive to small nations
- Armchair General: Austria’s Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
- Armchair General: Shadows of World War I Continue to Haunt Modern Iraq
- Recoil: Budapest’s Museum of Military History
- Military Surplus: Great American War Helmets Of World War I
- TechNewsWorld: 100 Years Hence: Technology’s Influence on War’s ‘Greatness’
- Bike Radar: Bicycles of World War 1